Image Map
Image Map

A Classroom Full Of Kindness

Friday, August 21, 2015



The events of Sandy Hook have always been in my thoughts.  I always wanted to do something in memory of the 26 angels.


On December 14, 2015 I made my usual $26 contribution to Sandy Hook and Ben’s Bells(both organizations that promote kindness).




I then went to work on a snowflake unit for my kinders.  I was looking up books and found an interesting one—Snowflakes Fall by Patricia McClachlan and illustrated by Steven Kellog.  I loved their other works so I read about the story.  I was amazed –it was a book dedicated to Sandy Hook. I called Ann to tell her about the coincidence.


We realized we wanted to create a kindness freebie, as well as, write units for a year of Kiddo Kindness.  We hope you and your kiddos enjoy them!


Janice Marshall,

Kiddos Connect, Co-Author

The Classroom Full of Kindness was created because Kiddos Connect wanted to address KINDNESS and Whole Child Learning.We also wanted to give back to teachers and kiddos and so this GREAT freebie was developed!We have included:*Shared reading (Kindness is Caring)*Framed Writing (What do Kind Kiddos do?)*Variety of writing formats*Discussions topics for listening/speaking*Kind Activities for school, home and communityWe also realize KINDNESS is everyday so we are creating Kiddos Connect to Kind... 
https://www.teacherspayteachers.com/Product/Classroom-Full-of-Kindness-Freebie-Kiddos-Connect-to-Kindness-All-Year-Series-2014499 

These are some of the units we will be creating this year that will have a Kindness theme.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment